[CQ-Contest] The battle of the Call Signs

Larry Schimelpfenig k7sv at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 22 21:16:46 EST 2005

Even spacing letters doesn't help in some cases. Before Steve dumped NJ4F
for NR4M, we had a heck of a time with people hosing the call on cw. Seemed
like half the time people had it as N1VF. We tried reducing speed when
sending the call, putting spaces between the call, and both. Nothing seemed
to work. NR4M is 100% better except for Sweepstakes!

I suspect that Bob W4DR had a recurring problem with the D and R in his
call, because I've never heard him send it on cw without a space between
them.

I hope that Jim Cain's (K1TN) attempt at rejuvinating the contesting juices
is working. Great to here him back at it!

73 de Lar K7SV