[CQ-Contest] 40 meter SSB Contest musings

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 28 17:52:51 EST 2005

I got on and worked several pages of DX mostly cross band.

The most serious problem I noted was you never know who is working who.  By
that I mean say CN2R is listening on 7254 and W4XX calls on that frequency
and replies 59205.  Is he really working CN2R or another DX station.  I
noticed on Saturday nite that CN2R was asking "are you calling me?"

Most serious contestants have gotten that "worked before" after a few
contacts from a Dx station.

I decided to give their call quickly without phonetics then the call I was
using at the club (W4BCV).  One Italian replied "finally one I know that is
working me".

I also noted G6PZ was using their newly allocated band and working simplex
on 7153.

73 Dave K4JRB  (W4BCV)