[CQ-Contest] logging & issues

Mario s56a at bit.si
Thu Oct 27 21:49:07 EDT 2005

EI5DI> Callsign, Enter, Callsign, Enter . . . .

Nick, UT2UZ of MixW fame calls this "Monkey business" in RTTY operation.
One reads PC screen and retypes the same information back to PC.
MixW does simple preset information extraction, Enter does the rest.

Not much brain is needed for receiving numbers in 01..40 range.
SO2R ops do not listen to their transmission most of the time.
Experienced P40Q recently operated with RFI affected keying for quite some
time!

Are we making real progress in contesting?  Is this the result of strict UBN
enforcement?  Or relaxed FCC rules?

I always imagined UBN as complete cross-checking of available logs comparing
information sent with the info received within short timeframe.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU zone 15