[CQ-Contest] Ca QSO Sad :(

Andrew Faber andrew.faber at gte.net
Thu Sep 29 10:26:23 EDT 2005

Mal,
  I hope you'll reconsider and join the thousands of stations that will
participate in CQP this weekend.  It's a great contest, and we'd certainly
like you to be in it.
  Regarding your points, certainly all contest rules are subject to debate.
But:
  1)  The exchange is a serial number plus your county if in CA or your
State/Province/County if not.  So asking CA stations to log the county of
other CA stations is just asking them to log the exchange.  We very
consciously don't have CA counties as mults for CA stations because we want
to encourage CA stations to work the rest of the world, and not cluster on
40 and 80 working each other (as happens in some state QSO parties that do
give multiplier credit for their own counties).
  2) Stations in U.S. territories are very welcome to the contest, as are
all DX stations.  They are always in demand, and add an exotic flavor to the
weekend.  From Puerto Rico, a serious competitor could make many hundreds of
CA QSOs.
  CU all in CQP!
  73, Andy, AE6Y