[CQ-Contest] Unique perspectives

Warren C. Stankiewicz nf1j at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 27 13:31:40 EDT 2006

> I know it's a horrible thing to think about, but what is to stop someone
> from just putting in a bunch of callsigns in their log to make it look
> like
> they worked a bunch of uniques.  I know no ham would do that, but---

This was actually tried once in an ARRL contest. I'm not going to say which
one it was, or when, or who. However, they worked a large number of uniques.

And when this was discovered, we contacted the holders of the questionable
calls, and asked if they had made the contacts or not. When they replied in
the negative, the individual was referred to the ARRL Awards Committee, who
voted to disqualify them.

Which is the way it should be done, if it's going to be done at all.

73,

Warren, NF1J