[CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Wed May 31 21:30:21 EDT 2006

Mal:

I'm looking at one of my "original" 'MPs, and there are
7 buttons and ten LEDs to allow me to control filter
selection in any combination. I can select any 2nd IF
filter installed combined with any 3rd IF filter
installed, from the front panel. They are in the space
where you control "EDSP".

Essentially, they made the MkV less of an optimized CW radio
and more of an SSB radio. Both are great contest radios, but
I much prefer the controls on the original model.

The NCJ article I mentioned is "Choosing a New Radio: Which 'MP
Would it Be?" by VE1OP on page 5 of the March/April 2003 issue.

I also must one-time enable the filters from the menu when they are
installed, as with any of the 'MP family of radios.

73,  Jeff  K8ND