[CQ-Contest] No Dit-Dit (was Sending Speed)

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Sun Sep 17 22:04:39 EDT 2006

> Rather than seeing this practice as rude, I take it as a compliment
> when an experienced Sprinter does not send "dit-dit" after I send
> my information.  He is saying, in effect, "I think you are a good
> enough operator to understand that I have copied your exchange and
> don't need to acknowledge.

P.T. Barnum was right.  Here's my opinion of what he's saying:

"Gee this software is just GREAT, all I had to was copy his number since I
already have his name and state from earlier on 20 meters.  Even though he's
still sending his exchange, I'm already up the band working someone else.  A
few more of these and maybe I can beat Tree."

If you don't believe it, ask yourself how many times this happens on 20
meters.  You'll notice it only happens later in the contest, and only by
guys who have worked you at least once already.  Don't fool yourself.  It's
rude.

Mark, N5OT