[CQ-Contest] Maximum Time Limit for S/O

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Feb 21 10:40:33 EST 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:06:19 -0500, "Jamie Dupree NS3T"
 <ns3t at arrl.net> wrote:

>Personally, I think the 48 hour time limit really separates the winners from
>the pretenders.  If you really want to win a DX contest, you'll find a way to clear out your
>weekend.  And if you really want to win, you will grind your way through the
>slow times to victory.  You have to WANT it.

Truer words were never spoken. a 48 hour contest provides the
opportunity for a lesser-equipped station to overcome that limitation
to some extent. Not a guarantee of course, but a chance.

Personally, I have never done a full 48 but it's always there if I
really, really want to. Maybe someday. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT