[CQ-Contest] A call to action

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 12:19:08 EST 2007

--- Robert Naumann <w5ov at w5ov.com> wrote:

> Something needs to be done to begin to attract
> younger people to ham radio,
> and contesting in particular.

One of the misconceptions that seems to keep coming up
is that most hams become hams when they are young, and
stay hams their entire life.  So we believe that we
can only attract young people.  Why limit our hobby to
them. Amateur radio makes a great retirement hobby.
Those individuals have the time and disposible income
to really play-contesting is not a cheap endeavor.

At the last radio class I taught every student but one
was older than I (and I am 40).

73s John W5TD