[CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Wed Jan 9 19:48:12 EST 2008

I don't see how my actions would affect your run at all. I call CQ on the run radio and listen for an appropriate amount of time and don't hear an answer. I hear you on the S&P radio calling CQ. Since I apparently didn't get an answer to my CQ, I call you and work you on the other radio. While I'm working you in a timely manner, somebody answers my CQ 20 seconds after it ended. By then you and I have completed our QSO so I call the guy who answered my CQ. Where in all of that did I make you wait or affect your run?
Now if I called you on the second radio IMMEDIATELY after my CQ ended, hoping to bounce between radios and basically work you and someone answering my CQ simultaneously I can see where the wheels could fall off that bus. Maybe there are guys who can handle that but I'm not one of them. I'd rather I made one solid QSO than two messed up ones.
73 Steve K0SR
p.s. Thanks for the Q's last weekend!