[CQ-Contest] single-op pornography

Michael Keane K1MK k1mk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 17 15:50:14 EDT 2008

At 02:18 PM 6/16/2008, Warren  C. Stankiewicz wrote:
>In all the years of contesting "history", I can think of only one
>technological advance that was banned completely--the octopus.

At present, octopus and octopus-like derivatives are not banned per se.

In DX contests, multi-single class was re-defined by limiting the
number of band changes band per time period, removing any advantage
from the use of an octopus.

In SS, there is no limit on the number of band changes for
multi-operator so octopi are back in play.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk at alum.mit.edu