[CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22

Julius Fazekas phriendly1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 15:27:09 PDT 2009

Hmmm... SIM or WII Amateur Radio, there's probably a place for that too. Just as with simulated flight, poker, baseball.

Is it the same thing as the "real" thing, no. Can it be modeled to be a close approximation? Probably... Build it and they will come.

I can see a point variation based on where you make the "QSO", via the internet, satellite, actually "on the air". Would it be popular? Who knows?!

The "Extreme Category", 15 days to submit your log, no more paper logs... Who would have thunk it five years ago? ;o)

Change is the only constant.

Enjoy,

Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366