[CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Wed Mar 11 05:19:00 PDT 2009

Kelly said:

> While it is something that has not, as far as I know, been adhered to

[snip]

> That the rule has not been enforced does not, in my mind, mean it is
> not a reasonable explanation of what is expected by both parties in
> a QSO.

Hey Kelly.

I agree with you completely that it is a reasonable explanation of what is
expected.  It takes place successfully roughly 95% of the time.  However,
the rules do not say that each operator is expected to send what they got
back to make sure it was okay.  Enforcement to the degree that a good
operator gets penalized for errorless operation on his part and no knowledge
of error on the part of another is:

unreasonable.

Mark, N5OT