[CQ-Contest] Apologies

n4zr at comcast.net n4zr at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 08:10:54 PST 2009

I want to apologize to anyone I inadvertently QRMed during CW SS.  It was a combination of a rusty SO2R operator and an attempt to operate Unlimited using CW Skimmer seriously for the first time.

I won't bore you with the details, but what seems to have happened is that my Run radio was QSYed to the next live (unworked) spot on my bandmap, which was one of you CQing.  I didn't realize that had happened and pressed F1 to send another CQ, which resulted in my CQing on top of you.

I was totally mortified to have one victim call me by name, and only then did I notice that my frequency was 25 KHz than it had been a moment before.

I have taken steps to make sure this doesn't happen again, but in the meantime ...

Sorry, and 73,

Pete N4ZR