[CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

Stefano Brioschi stefano.brioschi at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 01:49:00 PST 2009

Normally we cannot choose the rules for a contest but in this case, my
feedback to Randy is to don't change WPX m/s rules.
I think the use of the multiplier station is really cool and almost all the
stations are now equipped for support that rule or they can easy do that
(have u seen the wrtc2010 rules ? )

I really agree with KQ2M!

If you think a SO2R setup can be almost perfect also for a M/S with
multiplier station required for work new mults on another band than the
runner.

During wpx 2007 ssb and 2008 ssb, Matteo IK2SGC and me, we had the
possibility to run from 5D5A ( www.cn3a.tk ) in Morocco, we did our best and
we really enjoy two men two radios setup, we really push hard for have an
operator always running and another searching for any mults, without take
care about change band but only the 10minutes rule, I think WPX is one of
our favorite contest for that reason.

We did in the first hour almost 40 qso's with the mults station, so we had
great fun.
At the end of the contest we had more than 6500 qso with several hundred
qso's made with the mults station because they was new mults, also a simple
DJ6 can be a nice mult at the begin of the contest, so easy and fun qso's.
Is not fun to be called by a dx station on low band ? Several time when we
answer guys are surprise to see 5D5A come back...at their Cq contest...

So after the change of this rule,  I think we will have to change
strategy....

Note... : This year also ARI DX contest ( managed by IT9BLB ) have
introduced for m/s the possibility to make qso with a mults on another band
(as cqww) an in Italy we don't have a lot of big contest station, but every
one running m/s have made change in their setup to be ready for the new
contest ari rule, and at the end of the contest... the feed back was very
positive.

This is only my guess, I will accept easily rules change, but I hope always
the rules can challenge us for improve our skilling and our techincal
knowledge, and not
only to make things easy. Contesting is a 'serious' and nice passion for us!

Stefano IK2QEI