[CQ-Contest] Cut Number "J" - ASSISTED or MULTI?

Ed K1EP k1ep.list at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 13:11:38 PST 2010

This entire discussion has gotten me confused.  After reading the
post, I heard a station just send "J" as his power.  So now I am
thinking, is this a cut number for 1?  Is he QRP?  But if he is QRP,
why didn't he just send /QRP like everyone else and it would be soooo
obvious?  No, I finally realized he wasn't sending J.  He was sending
ATT with a really bad fist!  Now I know that you can't use the phone
during the contest, so I guessed that it was 100W.