[CQ-Contest] Nasty Cheerleading in favor of R36F

Steve Hanlon asciibaron at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 18:58:11 PDT 2010

On 7/11/2010 09:52, Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX wrote:
> Too bad to see these  activities being conducted  during the contest.
> It will take all the credit away of whatever possition R36F achieves in the
> contest.
> Makes the only trusty competition we have so sad.
>
> Take a look at the Top 20 spotters analysis at:
> http://www.5bits.net/lu5dx/2010-wrtc-spots-analysis/
>
> Martin, LU5DX
> www.5bits.net/lu5dx

this is a prime example of why i have not turned my radio on for a
contest in months.  for me it's a hobby, not my life.  some people just
go too far with this crap and it really is sad.  it stopped being fun
for me when contests became more about the post contest CSI crap as seen
on this list than actually, you know, getting on the air and having
fun.  i don't care if some station got attention to their operation with
billions of spots on the cluster.  if they have a big signal, i will
eventually work them. and that's what counts in the end, are they in the
log?

don't look for me an any contests this summer, i'm busy having fun with
my family while i still can.

-Steve, WM3O