[CQ-Contest] Nashville Contesters

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro.tcg at gmail.com
Sat May 8 08:57:59 PDT 2010

Hey Mike, thanks for asking. Like Doug said, those of us living on
hills felt very fortunate last week. Unfortunately, literally hundreds
of homes were completely gutted within a five mile radius of here, and
several lives were lost. The trains haven't run for a week (the tracks
got destroyed) and land line telephone service is still out, now for
over a week here. We were lucky to have a generator and some really
great neighbors who pulled together to make sure everyone was OK.

It's the worst flooding I've seen since Johnstown 1977. Our hearts go
out to the many families and individuals who suffered complete
devastation.

73 Kirk K4RO