[CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO as a CW contest rig

W8FJ at aol.com W8FJ at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 17:07:45 PST 2011

Hi John..

I was unimpressed with the IMD characteristics of the Pro3 using it on  cw
in the harsh contest environment.  I had the INRAD Roofing Filter Mod  added
to the radio, and it helped considerably, but the radio still  had
noticeable IMD issues.  I sold my modified Pro3 and invested the $$ in  a K3.  It
was a smart move.  The K3 may not be as sexy looking as the  Pro3, but it has
absolutely no IMD problems.

John, W8FJ...

In a message dated 1/1/2011 8:50:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,