[CQ-Contest] 160 Beacon Hunt Results

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 7 07:57:02 PST 2011

Comments about the DX window are interesting. If you believe the ARRL (a
stretch for some)
the DX window moved to 1830-1835 for CW several years ago (2001 I think).
There was a
big flap at the time because the ARRL was "enforcing" it for their 160
contest at the time. Prior
to that time the DX window was 1820-1825 I think (memory is getting hazy).

There is a document on the ARRL web site showing the IARU Region 2 band plan
with 1830-1840
as "CW priority for intercontinental operation (DX Window)" and 1840-1850 as
"SSB priority for
intercontinental operation (DX Window)". The document is dated October 8,
2010.
http://www.arrl.org/files/media/News/R2_LF-MF-HF_Bandplan_2010.pdf

73, Larry  W6NWS