[CQ-Contest] Question about NAQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Jan 11 10:17:21 PST 2011

Do states within Mexico count as multipliers in NAQP, similar to the
multipliers in the ARRL 10 metre contest?  I only worked one station
from Mexico, and he sent "MEX" for his location,   That could be an
abbreviation for the "Mexico State" within the Country of Mexico, or
could be generic abbreviation for the country.    Had I worked more
stations, with differing prefixes, it might have been obvious.

I note that NCJ - which is somehow under the umbrella of ARRL, is the
sponsor of the NAQP events, but don't know who to contact directly with
the question.  Besides, some other newbie might have the same question.

But, if I'm out of order, or if it's "obvious to one trained in the art"
just call me a newbie or a LID.

73 de n8xx Hg

p.s. It seems that, for the most part, RTTY and CW got along quite well
last weekend.  Congrats to all for observing the "gentlemen's"
boundaries for the modes.