[CQ-Contest] CW Speed in Sweepstakes

Bill Bill at ng3k.com
Wed Nov 9 07:03:42 PST 2011

According to Skimmer, I was CQing at an average speed of 25 WPM during
Sweepstakes.  Most callers answered at or near my calling speed.  But, a
not insignificant subset responded nearer 35 WPM, including when giving
their exchange.  It seems like some callers assume that if you're running
at 25 WPM you can copy faster than that.  I suspect, in general, that may
very well be true, but maybe I'm just projecting.  And for whatever it's
worth, I was not using my own call sign, but that of another amateur who
probably never sends north of 18-20 WPM.

73,

Bill/NG3K