[CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE:Chea

w5ov at w5ov.com w5ov at w5ov.com
Tue Sep 27 10:31:03 PDT 2011

The tiresome argument of "it can't be enforced" does not preclude the
establishment of a rule. The entrants can either choose to abide by the
rules or not. We have many rules that can't be policed - especially the
output power issue. Let's not get started on that one.

In this specific case, if someone operates as a single op, and does all of
the locating and identifying of those he logs - all by himself, he can
enter as single op (unassisted).

If he uses "spotting assistance of any kind" as it says in the CQWW rules,
he is then assisted. This would include the use of packet, skimmer, et al.

There's nothing to be ashamed of about entering as assisted. I enter every
contest as assisted. I like using packet and I like to know what's going
on. Who cares really?

Why do people want to enter as not being assisted while using assistance?
To what end? It proves nothing.

73,

Bob W5OV
Assisted and proud of it!

Go ahead, use packet, use skimmer, use the local 2m FM net if you still
have one, just list that you operated with assistance!

Really, why not?