[CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Thu Apr 12 06:47:37 PDT 2012

Randy, K5ZD said:
"I think it is pretty amazing that someone was able to make 4000+ QSOs
from aremote station!  I would rather have that activity on the band than the
guynot making any QSOs at all."Add to those 4000+ my 250+
casual QSOs, all remote. And I guess many many others. RC sure adds to the activity and
fun in the contests.
Let´s face it, RC is here to stay. Like SSB, VHF-spotting nets, Computer
logging, Clusters, Skimmers, etc. The past was nice, but the only certaing thing
about future is that it will be different. All things change.
Someone also said that RC makes the guy with the best internet connection win. That
could not be more wrong. A good internet connection only makes RC smoother, you still
need a good station, good antennas, and a great operator. It's still the same
game.
Marcelo, PY1KN