[CQ-Contest] Do I need to operate assisted to figure out the calls?

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:48:28 PDT 2012

Paul,

Many times I thought there is a golden average between YOUR view and the
view of "the opposition"...

However, I begin to agree that you become more and more correct.

Internet-supported contesting in ANY form is a clear deviation from the
classic contesting.

I tend to think, the only way is to create a parallel worldwide contest to
CQWW. It does not mean that I will boycott CQWW, because I really love this
contest since the past 30 years...

However, I wish to create a True Classic Contest, where:

1. No internet (DX Cluster, Skimmer, whatever) is allowed
2. Power cheating is 100% DQ reason and against the conscious of the
participant
3. Breaking other rules is contradictory to the spirit of participation.

The new contest might be forever SMALLER than any of the major events, BUT
participants will be proud of their achievement and by NOT touching the
borderline between allowed and not allowed.

Anyone to share my views and to be part of the creation of Gentlemens'
Contest Club and Gentlemens' Worldwide Contest?

73 de RM2D (ex RA/SM6LRR), Mats