[CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 16:48:52 PDT 2012

One thing that I have a problem with is the fact that some DX stations QSL
for EVERY CONTACT via the bureau. With DXBase I have the option of knowing
which stations that I have QSLed to and on what band and mode. I can put up
to 20 QSOs per card so when I get a QSL for a particular station I usually
QSL for every contact that I have made for them.  I usually do not QSL for
any band/ mode that I have already QSLed. However I do think that putting
all the QSLs for every QSO has reduced the number of cards that I get. I
also look at the card and if they don't ASK for a QSL they don't get one.

Bill W5VX