[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:12:46 EDT 2013

So, let's take this very likely scenario, at least for those of us in
the western USA ...

It's CQWW. You're on a band that seems to be open to Europe. You launch
a few CQ's. The RBN reports that you are being heard in the USA, but not
in Europe. Being the smart contester that you are, you conclude that
this must be a bad frequency in Europe - perhaps a UA9 that you can't
hear is also on the frequency. You QSY to a better spot.

Haven't you received assistance from the RBN ?

73,
Steve, N2IC