[CQ-Contest] ARRL FD Rule 4 Opinion?...

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Jun 6 11:56:10 EDT 2013

Wouldn't have been easier just to say that if you transmit signals with
4 rigs you are 4 (X)  if you transmit with 2 rigs then you are 2(x).

In Gerry's situation if he wanted to show off the ability to listen with
another radio while sharing the same antenna and that radio never
transmits then I don't see this as a problem.

The last time I checked this is FD right?  An exercise to test our
ability to setup remotely and make a bunch of contacts.  In a real
emergency technologies such as this device might be very helpful. Why
would we want to discourage, ingenuity and advances in technology.

Most of us have fun just getting on.  Posting winning scores is not what
this event should be about.

Mike W0MU