[CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

Christian Schneider prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Fri Nov 29 11:29:11 EST 2013

An effect can not be judged by naming individuals but by looking at the
activity level in the 18-24 hour range over some years and see how activity
comparatively evolves in the 10-18 hour range. In this group is the
potential for longer operation times due to a more competetive motive.
But what seems clear already now: Arguments denouncing a 24h-category as a
"whiners' category for those wanting easy wins" might be obsolete, looking
at claimed scores.

About the marathon aspect: Everyone is free to do what he wants and the
24h-overlay does not take this possibilty away from anyone in this little
marathon category. The main and most healthy aspect of 24h is that it does
not require to sacrifice a good/normal familiy and social life to
contesting. And the figures (90 percent already now below 24h) clearly show
the possibilities and decisions of most people. Therefore the 24h-overlay
does not add something unnatural but simply reflects reality.

73, Chris DL8MBS

(quite extended participant's mode this weekend, hoping that something so
classic and basic like qrp will be added to the 24h-thing)