[CQ-Contest] The"highandmighty"syndrome

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:08:07 EST 2014

Hank, you're subscribed to the MWA reflector, so you have first hand exposure to our club.

I'm a 40-year member of MWA, about 15 years of that as a Director, and I am EXTREMELY proud of our record in recruiting, training, mentoring, challenging, and welcoming new players to Radiosport.  I am also a member of the Arizona Outlaws Contest Club, an up and coming group with a similar "Missionary of Radiosport" in attracting and grooming new contesters.

Hate to spoil your jeremiad, but both of those groups and several others that I could name are seriously involved in bringing fresh faces into Radiosport.

(And yes, both MWA and AOCC also encourage frivolous behavior as a counterpoint to the curmudgeonly tendencies sometimes seen on the sidelines.)

73, de Hans, K0HB/QRO/4ID