[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 15:22:14 EST 2014

IMHO frequency of IDind is used as a tool for pileup control. To force
everybody to ID every QSO will take this tool away from running stations
Then low power/simple antenna stations will find themselfs at disadvantage,
It will take them much longer and bring much more frustration to squeeze
through the never ending pileup.
To require ID after every QSO will not warrant level playing field for
everyone. Just opposite. Compair time required to send CT9/RU9CZD and P3A.
There might be a requirement in the rules to ID every 2 or 3 minutes though,
but that is what majority of participants do anayway when they are
interested in their final score.

73, Igor UA9CDC