[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Doug Smith W9WI dougw9wi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 13:15:01 EST 2014

On 02/01/2014 02:22 PM, Igor Sokolov wrote:
> Then low power/simple antenna stations will find themselfs at
> disadvantage, It will take them much longer and bring much more
> frustration to squeeze through the never ending pileup.

Are we sure the pileups will get larger with ID required?

Without frequent ID, your pileup contains some number of dupes --
stations calling you because they think they may need you at least for a
QSO, if not for a mult.

If you're IDing frequently, these stations will know they're dupes, and
they won't bother participating in the pileup.

Further, these are the stations that are more likely to be serious
participants, the stations that are more likely to have big signals, the
stations whose presence in a pileup makes things more difficult for the
low-power stations.

I mean, that's just a theory but I think it's just as credible as
assuming frequent IDs will mean larger pileups.

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66