[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 18 12:14:45 EDT 2014

UB5K is a proper call sign for Ukraine according the ITU call sign block.  I
do not understand how UB5K would not count.  If CQ is not going to count
this then every Ukraine entry would not count.
The only way I know this is Russia assigned is that Andy said so.

Russia cannot issue Ukraine call signs so Andy needs to use his correct
Ukraine call sign.
Otherwise he must get a proper Russian prefix and then he meets the DXCC
criteria that Russian calls for Crimea are Russia and Ukraine call signs are
still Ukraine.

73 Dave K4JRB
DXAC SE Division ARRL