[CQ-Contest] Logging question

KU7Y ku7y.cw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:24:43 EDT 2015

When we lived in ID several of us would get together each week or so and
talk about DX.

One time someone mentioned they got a DX QSL that was blank.... no QSO data
filled in.  There was a note to please fill in a good date/time/band/mode
info and send him a card in return!  Turns out that we all got one from
him!!!

Needless to say that they all went into the trash can!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Northern California Contest Club
Silver Springs, NV
ku7y at qsl.net

Mike
> Smith VE9AA
> Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:19 PM
> To: cq-contest at contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question
>
> Jukka,
>

> You did the right thing.  Even in the days before LOTW, nearly any time I
> went to a rare VHF grid, (IOTA) Island or DXCC I would get requests for
> QSL's, sometimes with notes saying that I copied their call incorrectly.
>
> Ie: They hear me work K3ABC, but their call was K3ADG. (well, in my
opinion,
> if they heard that, then I didn't work them, hi !)
>

> For rare Islands or DXCC's I have often also received crazy QSL requests,
> like from CY9AA I got cards from (of all places!)  Japan for 160m QSO's
that
> could not possibly have occurred. (we weren't that loud, sun was up in
> midsummer  etc.).
>
> For CY0AA, I got a couple cards from Europe for 6m QSO's that just did not
> occur.  We only worked a handful of 6m QSO's..sigh.
>

> Even for rare Islands when I have been mobile or had a very small QRP or
LP