[CQ-Contest] Fire at K0RF Residence

W0ua at aol.com W0ua at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 18:06:13 EDT 2015

Folks,

I was hoping to keep this (relatively) quiet for a day or two, at
least...but, it seems already to have gone viral.  Here's the  news-story in the
local paper:

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28663040/longmont-hygiene-fi
refighters-respond-house-fire-n-75th

This happened Tuesday evening.  I was entirely unaware of it  until Chuck
called early this AM.  Thankfully, no one was hurt.    Chuck's XYL and
daughter were in the house, but it was too late for local  containment when they
became aware of it.  It seems to have originated in  the laundry-room and
worked through the residential premises--away from the  radio-room, which is on
the opposite end of the residence.  At this time,  we believe the
"radio-wing" received no direct effect from the  fire.  And--just to clarify a
mis-report by the local paper:  The  dryer was NOT external to the house!  It's in
the  laundry-room, exactly where you'd expect it to be.  Notice also, that
the  house has a shake-type roof, providing abundant fuel for the fire, once
it got  to that level.

As you can imagine, Chuck and family are wrestling with some fundamental
issues;  When we spoke this AM, they were shopping for clothes (after
sleeping in a motel room) as they couldn't get into the house to see if any  of
theirs had survived.  He's speaking to the fire marshal and  insurance
investigators/ representatives as I write this.

I've already received several calls and e-mails of support and
well-wishes.  If you would like to pass along your well-wishes for Chuck  and family,
please send them to my e-mail address:

_w0ua at aol.com_ (mailto:w0ua at aol.com)

I'll make certain they all get to Chuck--and I know he will be  wonderfully
moved and grateful for your thoughts and support.   Meanwhile, he can be
free to attend to the myriad basic and pressing  issues, all of which require
his immediate attention.

Thanks & 73,

George Schultz
W0UA