[CQ-Contest] Sourcing ferrites and flooded heat shrink

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 22 01:23:52 EDT 2015

On Tue,7/21/2015 8:24 PM, Peter Dougherty (W2IRT) wrote:
> Maybe I’m going senile in my old age, but I just can’t find what I’m looking for in their online catalogue.

This one lists the clamp-on products.

http://www.fair-rite.com/cgibin/catalog.pgm?THEAPPL=Suppression+Components&THEWHERE=Cable+Component&THEPART=Round+Cable+Snap-Its#select:freq2

0431177081  is the largest one, for big cables.

0431173551 is quite useful for small to medium-size cables.

2631803802 is the 2.4in o.d. toroid  often called FT-240

2631814002 is a much larger toroid, can handle bigger cables, more
turns.  To use this one with my Cookbook, figure one of these is two of
the 2.4-in o.d. toroids.

Recommended vendors are listed in Appendix One of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

I've gotten good service and good prices from Dexter Magnetics, and I've
heard good things about Lodestone Pacific. These are industrial vendors,
so best prices are for higher quantity.

Remember that for ALL of these parts, we MUST wind turns to move their
resonance down to HF to do anything useful.  Study the tutorial to
understand this.

73, Jim K9YC