[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

Jeff Kinzli N6GQ jeff at n6gq.com
Sun Mar 22 23:50:14 EDT 2015

To me, contesting is very much a social event as well as an
independent race. In my mind, you get the best of both worlds, and you
get to choose which one (or both, or neither) you focus on.

For me, I get a lot out of seeing how my friends are doing. I also
like to see how my competition is doing, and that helps drive me. Of
course I also know that only a fraction of ops are actually using the
score reporting, so it's somewhat academic at that point.

The other thing is that many of us have family and friends that while
not hams, know of our pursuits and want to cheers us on or keep track
of how we're doing. Thats where I think something like cqcontest.net
is awesome.

I really like cqcontest.net - and I do wish more people would use it.
I understand those that don't though, and no harm no foul. In fact, in
ARRL DX, my logger crashed hard when cqcontest.net was unreachable -
which made me think twice about using it (and when your link to the
outside world is a 3G antenna on the tower that gets blown off the air
when you transmit, that happens regularly). But that's life in the
jungle and I found a way to report most of the time, albeit sometimes
delayed by band changes :)

73 de N6GQ, YN2AA