[CQ-Contest] Qrp r?cords

Brett Graham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sun May 24 22:24:33 EDT 2015

KP4KE's CQWW DQ was one of three cases I went into detail in a
presentation I gave at APDXC a few years ago about cheating in radiosport.

The DQ was for self-spotting.

The number of times he allegedly self-spotted himself was not all that
great (<1/hour, if I recall correctly) & did not appear to have much
effect on his rate.

His rates - particularly on the low bands - were rather impressive for QRP.

Equally impressive was how anyone could be certain it was him spotting
himself.

Needless to say, the audience did not seem all that impressed with that
- or the other cases I covered.

-KH6/ex-VR2BG/p.