[CQ-Contest] Entry classes, DQed stations

ko7ss--- via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Sun May 24 22:36:15 EDT 2015

Great discussions, best in years. Thanks to K5ZD for posting on this forum.

As 3830scores.com has shown, a contest can be entered and the scores collated
and displayed for an unlimited number of classes. The final results could also
be reported this way.

As has been suggested, maybe there should a SO category with almost no rules
except those of your country's licensing body. It would be easy to check the
logs and significant game changing cheating would be unlikely.

Then there could be an unlimited number of overlays (LP, QRP, SO1R, 24 HOUR)
These logs would still be checked to validate the overlay entry, but there
would be a measure of trust that your fellow overlay competitors were honest
in following the restrictions specified in the overlay.

The most telling stat of the CQWW DQ's is that only one VE/W/K got DQ'd in
the SSB and none in the CW. As VE4XT has said, why aren't these ops DQ'd for
life? Or make THEM videotape the entire contest if they are allowed to ever
enter again. Presumption of innocence of everyone else is a big deal in W/K.

I moved to HP/SO2R/unlimited/assisted/Skimmer/SCP a few years ago and I am
still a boy and his radio

73, Bill KO7SS