[CQ-Contest] Establishing a contest within a contest

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Fri Nov 13 15:07:22 EST 2015

The CQ WW CLASSIC Overlay category is a great example of a contest within a
contest.  There is certainly room for more Overlay options provided they
will increase both activity and enjoyment.

The IARU HF Championship serves as a platform for the WRTC competition.  As
long as the CWAC is not working against the 'platform contest', there is no
limit to the additional options for competition that may be created.

The public CQ WW logs provide a very clean and substantial data set for
anyone that wants to take on the programming task for creating their own
CWAC.

Randy, K5ZD