[CQ-Contest] SO2R op's

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Sep 5 21:46:39 EDT 2015

It seems more and more op's are doing SO2R, which is good, but some of
them are not doing it very well.

I noticed more than once during the CWO that someone would call CQ, I'd
answer them and then about 30 seconds later they would come back to
me.   Figure they are off on the other radio working someone and figure
I'll just wait till they get back.  If you wait that long to come back
to me and send the exchange, I'm not gonna answer you.

Also one station called CQ, I answered, and they never came back to me.
I know they can hear me.  I called again and no answer. So I called a CQ
on that frequency as I figured they had given it up, only to have them
come back and blast a CQ right on top of me.

I think if you go to the other radio to work someone, that opens your
run frequency to whoever snags it if you piddle around too long on the
other radio..

Some guys work SO2R and you can never tell as they interleave the Q's so
well.  Others - well not so good.  73
Tom W7WHY