[CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 16:44:46 EST 2016

That's a very old-school view, Doug.

As a CQer, I don't care how I am discovered by S&Pers - using the big
knob, skimmer, RBN, code reader, etc. I just want to maximize the number
of S&Pers who find me.

As to skimmer getting confused by concatenating my TEST with the S&Pers
call, that IS a very real problem. Suddenly, you get a whole bunch of
dupes calling you, because, for whatever reason, they think you are
someone else. Often, the only way out is to QSY and set up shop on a new
run frequency.

Doug, as CQWW Director, you to experience CQWW CW from a medium or
bigger station outside of W/VE. It will greatly increase your
understanding of the current state of contesting.

73,
Steve, N2IC