[CQ-Contest] too much complaining about "poor ops" + how to "get even"

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Feb 23 10:55:25 EST 2016

The best frequency for IDing varies with the circumstances. It is a method
of pileup control and also saves a little sending time if done properly.
CQWW rules require sending your callsign every three QSOs, but that can be
every 15 seconds or every three minutes. I am sure that a good op can
squeeze in their ID at least once or twice a minute and still keep their
rhythm.

I cannot imagine sitting around waiting for someone to ID. I just work
them and ask for their callsign. If it is a dupe, it wastes their time and
maybe they will identify more often.  I have yet to have someone refuse to
give me their callsign but if they did I would not be able to log them.
There is no reason to get vindictive, that would be poor sportsmanship!

John KK9A