[CQ-Contest] Watson vs Miletic

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Fri Mar 18 09:44:55 EDT 2016

Doug KR2Q of QRP fame wrote: What I would like to see (Mario, are you listening?) is mandatory CW software that prevents someone from calling in a pileup (not contesting) if the DX asks for, say "XZ" only, if their own callsign contains nothing close to "XZ."

Doug, I wonder if you do that operating QRP?  Or you chase DX with legal power?  Tail ending?

I learned from RTTY that it is much easier to make QSO with machine decoders using 100 W.  I also learned that S56A string of dots is difficult to copy.  Z6/S56A almost impossible.  So I assume that majority of operators simply have problems and repeating my callsign helps.  I know of even worse RX sins like fast AGC, preamp on 160 m and other tech nonsense.  I am NOT DX-er, only weekend ham.  QRO used after a long time in ARRL phone as rules do NOT recognize SB LP.  I was multi-op in ARRL before for using DX Cluster for quarter of century.

I stopped playing PC chess after IBM AT beat me.  IBM Watson AI work on big data appreciated.  GO champ beaten by computer.  PSK FEC looked like magic to diehard CW hams. K1JT solved EME, VE3NEA CW and RTTY.  Change!  Buy IC-7300 – HI.

LP MMM S56A, N1YU

Sent from Mail for Windows 10