[CQ-Contest] Great book

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Fri May 13 21:29:30 EDT 2016

Thanks a great deal, Mike. I really feel honored. Hopefully you will find
that the book gets pretty dramatic with a tense atmosphere at the end. This
WRTC had a lot of great things in it, and I hope to have captured them in
the story. I keep telling people that the goal was to tell the story on two
different planes: one that an experienced contest operator will enjoy; and
one that a total newbie, or one who has never heard of ham radio, will find
enthralling.

By the way, I operated (competed in) the 2000 WRTC and was a referee in the
2002 Helsinki event. So I tried to capture what the operators feel in this
pressure cooker. Also, I'm battling through the virtual re-building of my
contest station following two devastating storms in the summer of 2014.
Hopefully, I'll be back at full-scale by the fall of this year.

73, Jim N3BB