[CQ-Contest] Call sign history

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:17:53 EST 2017

That was a smart move, Glenn.

I have not dealt with the DOC/IC/Whatever they are called these days, in
a long time. The few times I did, they were always very helpful.

As a new arrival in Canada, I went to see them about getting my VE
licence. They somehow understood what I was talking about. My english is
bad today, imagine 25+ years ago.

To my surprise, a few minutes later, I found myself in a room with the
exam papers in front of me. I remember the examiner, he read the ARRL
handbook the entire duration of the exam.

I failed that first attempt at passing the exam 'cold turkey'. I had no
idea what the test covered, and had never read about the VE regulations.

Back then they had brochures/booklets with the material you needed to
study. I was given the applicable study material, and passed on my
second attempt.

Sorry for the the topic diversion, last word.

It's kind of scary when you become part of history. :^)

73 de Vince, VA3VF