[CQ-Contest] Prohibiting Interleaved CQs - killing Innovation

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:07:27 EDT 2017

If you want to see how much activity would potentially change by
invalidating casual/non-participants QSOs, look at the number of unique
callsigns in logs versus submitted logs.

I don't have the numbers, but suspect it would be illuminating.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

Lets be clear folks - we here and contest sponsors cannot and should not
start thinking we have any control of casual participants.  If a ZD7 wants
to come on and had out mult Qs, he or she should be encouraged to do so
under ANY conditions that generate activity.  Contests should be viewed as a
group of people agreeing to a set of rules and competition interfacing with
the general HF community willing and interested in participating.  The
participants are welcome - in all forms.  As long as they are not jamming
people and following their local country's rules, they should all be
welcome.

73

Ed  N1UR