[CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?

Ria Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:52:45 EST 2017

The problem I see in this case with "copying what is sent" is that
your software will calculate your claimed score based on the zone
claimed to be worked and will obviously be wrong if you log a zone
someone else is in.

For obvious zones you can tell what zone someone is in, but for
example US, Canadian and Russian stations it might not always be the
case. For example if I operate from California I am zone 3 whereas
software will fill it as zone 5.

I don't usually support this but it is clear that CQWW is a callsign
copying contest and the exchange really doesn't matter. So let your
log software just fill in what is there... I guess.

73
Ria, N2RJ