[CQ-Contest] Ideal monitor size

kostas sv1dpi sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Fri Oct 13 00:57:18 EDT 2017

After all these replies, I can understand why N1MM+ asks for so much
room in my screen. Everyone seems to use a huge (for me) monitor! I
don't use n1mm exactly for this reason. It considers that I have a huge
screen (I have not - just a 22") and a quick and new computer (just an
i3 with 4gb here). And if I have a normal setup in my home (as I think),
how can I use n1mm in my club's station where the best computer is a
dual core (the most are pentium4) and we still have a 15" monitor in one
of the computers (ok the run computer has a 22"). I believe there are
many shacks with a similar configuration. Of course we use other
programs as wintest and writelog which both ask for much less room... I
believe n1mm+ should improve his layout to fit in smaller screens (I am
talking for a minimum number of windows that we all need) and not to
update to wider and wider screens. When I tried to open more than one
rtty windows in n1mm, my screen was out of space! Instead I can have 4
rtty windows in the same screen using writelog...

73 Kostas SV1DPI