[CQ-Contest] Router Recommendation?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Aug 24 00:07:28 EDT 2018

On 8/23/2018 12:51 PM, Kyle Chavis wrote:
> Years back I used a K-COM noise filter that worked well. Not sure if
> they're made anymore.

Yes, those filters were quite effective. I measured them and found very
high choking Z. The proprietor passed away at least 10 years ago, and
there was a K6 who was building filters that I also measured. See
k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf for data, and for recommendations for achieving
those high values of choking Z with #31 toroids. It's a LOT of turns and
two cores. :)

73, Jim K9YC